Essential Health Questions and Answers for Runners
Become the runner you want to be:
- Be a happy, confident and motivated runner
- Overcome everyday health problems and niggles
- Understand how your body works
- Find the right balance between running and life.
The problem with running
Running isn't always as easy as just putting one foot in front of the other. Lots of health issues crop up along the way and you can find yourself:
- Spending ages searching online and getting dubious or even dangerous advice
- Trying to follow 'one-size fits all' tups when every single person is unique
- Being inconsistent and struggling to run as much as you'd like
- Swinging between feeling guilty that you aren't running enough and feeling tired and getting injured because you're running too much
- Becoming a frustrated, de-motivated runner who isn't making progress.
Meet Juliet McGrattan
Ten years ago I was facing all these issues. I needed to find a way to run that suited me. There was no way I was going to accept running wasn’t for me, so I took action. I spent years learning, researching and heling others on their running journeys. I put my medical training to good use and covered many miles too! I discovered that the more you know about your body and mind, the easier it is to be the runner you want to be. Knowledge is most definitely power!
What's covered in Run Well?
I'll help you learn about your body and solve those running-related health problems. Here's just a few of the questions I'll answer in Run Well:
- Why do I get a headache when I run?
- Do runners really need to do strength and conditioning?
- Will running damage my knees?
- How can I stop my skin chafing on long runs?
We'll take a tour around the body, get in depth knowledge about how it all works and chat to a few runners on our route to find out what's helped them too. There's handy checklists for each body system and lots of motivation to cheer you on. I'd love to share it with you.
What people are saying.
Juliet spent 16 years as an NHS GP before hanging up her stethoscope to focus on using her medical knowledge to help people get and stay active. After 13 years of running and numerous marathons, she has a deep love and respect for the transformational power of running. She is an international speaker, podcaster, Master Coach and Women's Health Lead for 261 Fearless global running network and Founder and Director of 261 Fearless Club UK, a Community Interest Company which empowers women through running. She is the creator of the popular Run Through the Menopause course.